Host an Event to Raise Awareness and Funds to Support the Center
The Women's Center's mission is to serve the needs of individuals, families and the community with prevention, crisis intervention and support services with regard to domestic violence, sexual assualt and other major life crises.
The Women's Center welcomes third party fundraising and promotional events sponsored by outside organizations on its behalf. A third party event or promotion is one that is coneived and created completely by volunteers - an individual, organization or business - with the purpose of helping to raise awareness and funds for the Women's Center. Such events and promotions must be consistent with the Women's Center's mission and maintain a positive image for the organization.
- How the Women's Center Can Help with your Fundraising Event:
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its oprganizers.
- Provide event planning tools on a limited basis, and some guidance and advice for event planning.
- Review promotional materials and, if appropriate, approve the use of and provide camera ready artwork (the Women's Center's logo) for approved promotional materials.
- The name Women's Center may be reproduced on signs, banners, publications, literature, or printed materials only after ocnsultation with the Women's Center's Development Department.
- The Women's Center may be identitied as the benficiary of the event, and events should be promoted as such; for example "The Golf Outing to beneift the Women's Center."
- Post the event on the Women's Center website, Facebook and other calendar listings as appropriate, with your contact information.
- Schedule a minimum of one email blast about the event.
- Provide information regarding current programs and services provided by the Women's Center for distribution at the event or for public relations efforst conducted by the sponsoring organization.
- While not guaranteed, the Women's Center will make every attempt to have representatives at your event.
- For legal and other reasons, the Women's Center cannot perform the following activities or functions for events it does not sponsor directly:
- Extend our tax exemption to you.
- Extend our tax ID number for purchases.
- Issue receipts for donations not made directly to the Women's Center.
- Provide insurance coverage or secure permits.
- Provide mailing lists of donors, employees, service participants or volunteers.
- Provide Women's Center letterhead for your use.
- Provide on-site staff or volunteers to work at your event.
- Provide banking, funding or reimbursement of expenses.
- Solicit sponsorship revenue for your fundraising activities.
- Guarantee attendance of Women's Center staff at the event.
- Provide auction services or systems.
- No party may use the Women's Center logo or otherwise indicate to the public that an event is being held for the benefit of the Women's Center without written cosnet from a member of the Women's Center's management team.
- Please make checks out to the Women's Center and mail to the Women's Center, 2 West Street, Danbury, CT 06810. Cash is also accepted.
- If your event involves a raffle or other type of gambling activity or if you plan to sell or serve alcohol at your event, you must obtain a license/permit from the state of Connecticut. You will be solely responsible for obtaining the license/permit.
- You may want to inquire as to obtaining liability insurance for your event. Please note that the Women's Center's insurance policy does not cover Third Party events.
- Event sponsors will be liable for all event expenses. The Better Business Bureau recommends no more than 50% of proceeds raised should be spent on event expenses.
- The event sponsors or hosts agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Women's Center and its affiliates, from all claims and liabilities, including attorney's fees that may arise from any acts or omissions of their agents, volunteers, or employees, or from any claim by them or anyone else relating to the quality, performance, or failure to perform during the specified time period of the event.
Past events and promotions have included:
- Chili cook-offs
- Dinner dance
- Wine Tasting
- Yoga class
- “Spin-a-Thon” at fitness center
- Jewelry Parties
- Fashion Show
- Letter writing
- Online fundraising events
For more information about hosting an event, please contact the Center.